Are safety procedures and protocols updated regularly?
Yes, we regularly review our safety procedures and protocols to make sure they reflect the most recent thinking and up-to-date recommendations from federal, state, and local experts. Given recent tragic events, we have made changes to both high schools to limit access during the day.
- Moved personnel to ensure the three major unlocked entrances are adjacent to administrative offices
- All doors will be locked except for the Main Entrances (Tiger Drive and Athletic Field sides) and Theater Entrance
- All parents/families and visitors must enter through the Main Entrance doors
- ID Fob access is being installed at several locations to allow staff only entrance
- Identified seven main entrance points to the South campus, adjacent to main parking areas and points of access
- All doors except for the seven main entrance points will be locked
- Developing plans to provide ID Fob access or passcode access to several locations to allow staff only or staff/student only entrance