Winter Weather Reminders
December 17, 2018
Dear NPS Families,
This letter may seem a little late given that we already had our first snow of the season! However, I did want to give you a quick reminder of our snow day notifications as we head into the heart of the winter weather.
- School closings or delays will be communicated via phone call, email, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), website, and local television and radio stations.
- NEW this year: we will send text messages to notify you of a school closing or delay. You must opt-in to receive text messages. To opt-in, please login to Aspen, navigate to the contact information section, and select “yes” in the drop-down box below your cell phone number. For specific instructions, please see attached PDF.
- Following a storm, many of our students will continue to walk to school. We have collaborated with Newton DPW to create maps showing sidewalks that will be plowed, ensuring safe routes to school. Please access the maps here.
- In the case of a two-hour delay, all preschool classes and therapy sessions at the Newton Early Childhood Program will be canceled for the day. In the case of a one-hour delay, therapy sessions before 10:00 a.m. will be canceled.
- Please note that in the case of a one- or two-hour delay, buses will arrive exactly one or two hours, respectively, from the regularly scheduled pick-up time.
We will hope for a quiet winter, but will be prepared for anything that comes our way. I hope you enjoy a restful winter break.