- Newton South High School
2022 AP Registration Letter
Dear AP Students and Families,
Taking the Advanced Placement (AP) exam is an important part of all AP courses. Newton South High School expects that all students enrolled in an AP class will register for and take the AP exam. Scoring well on an AP exam can often help students earn college credit.
There are TWO steps to the AP exam registration process. Both steps need to be completed for an exam to be ordered.
- STEP 1: Register for an exam(s) on the College Board MyAP Site.
- Students enrolled in an AP Course at South should be directed by their AP course teacher to register for the AP exam on the College Board MyAP website using a unique join code for their class.
- If a student is self-studying for an AP exam, please contact Ms. Faye Cassell (firstname.lastname@example.org), for an exam-only join code.
- Approval for self-study is subject to space limitations, with priority for upperclassmen.
- Newton South students requesting 2 or more self-study may be asked to check in with counselor first.
- Newton South students requesting self-study for a course offered a South may be asked for Department Head approval
- STEP 2: Pay for the AP exam(s).
- Students/Families will need to pay for the exam(s) they register for. Students/Families will need to use Total Registration www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/221548. When asked for an email address, do not use a student NPS email address.
The DEADLINE to complete BOTH STEPS is November 15, 2021.
Late registration remains open until March 15, 2022, with a $40 late fee.
The cost per AP exam is $105.00. Newton South High School desires that every student be able to take their AP exam(s). If you feel you qualify for financial assistance, please contact your guidance counselor by November 1, 2021.
Full refunds will be granted until November 15th. After November 15th, a $65 refund will be granted, $40 is withheld from the refund to pay the College Board cancelled/unused exam fee. No refunds will be granted after March 15, 2022.
If testing accommodations are needed and you haven’t previously applied for College Board testing accommodations then please contact your guidance counselor or special education liaison by November 1.
Exam Schedule and Format - As of right now, all exams will be in person, paper-based (except Chinese - this will be in person, computer-based). If there are any changes, they will be communicated with you.
Conflicts – If you are taking 2 or more exams, please check the 2022 AP Exam Dates for any conflicts.
If you are scheduled to take 2 exams in one day at different times, this is not a conflict unless you have approved extended time accommodations. The afternoon exam will not start until the morning exam ends and students taking both have had a chance to take a short break and eat lunch.
If you are scheduled for a rare combination of exams that conflict, I will be in touch with you directly to provide alternative testing date options.
Ms. Faye X. Cassell
Newton South High School Interim AP Coordinator