Class of 2020 Cap & Gown Order Information
All Cap & Gown orders will be placed with Ms. Stonehill in the Goldrick Commons during F Block (all three lunches) on Wednesdays.
Please print and fill out the order form attached to and bring it with you on your specified day.
Schedule for Placing Cap & Gown Orders:
- Opening Day (anyone) Wednesday, March 4th
- Last Names Beginning with A - I Wednesday, March 11th
- Last Names Beginning with J - R Wednesday, March 18th
- Last Names Beginning with S - Z Wednesday, April 1st
- Makeup Day Wednesday, April 8th
There will be no Cap & Gown sales on Wednesday, March 25th due to MCAS testing.
If you are unable to come during your assigned time, please email Ms. Stonehill at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
You may not put a check or cash in Ms. Stonehill's mailbox. Mailbox orders will not be processed and you risk being charged a $20 late fee. Orders can only be processed in person with Ms. Stonehill.
You will be required to pay your graduation fee when you place your order. This covers the cost of your cap and gown. The fee is $45. You may pay with cash or a check. Checks should be made out to Newton South High School with Graduation 2020 written in the memo space.
Other Important Things to Remember:
- You must have a cap and gown to walk in graduation.
- You must have your order in by April 8th.
- If you do not have your order in by April 8th, you will be charged a $20 late fee.
- If you have a cap and gown from a sibling or friend who graduated from Newton South High School you may use it, however, you will still need to order a tassel for $15.
- You may also order a cap and tassel for $25.
- No orders will be placed without payment.
- Financial support is available on a need basis. Please notify your guidance counselor, your dean, or Ms. Stonehill if you need financial assistance. If you receive financial assistance, you still must come to order and cap and gown in person from Ms. Stonehill.
- If you do not need a cap and gown for any reason, you must let Ms. Stonehill know.
- Students who have not contacted Ms. Stonehill by April 8th will have a cap and gown ordered for them and will be obligated to pay for that cap and gown, plus a late charge of $20.