Register for the January 26, 2021 PSAT at Newton South High School
The PSAT will be given at Newton South High School on Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
- Juniors are eligible to take the exam and are encouraged to take this exam as part of the preparation for spring SAT tests.
- Juniors may qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program based on their PSAT score.
- There is no make-up date for the PSAT.
- The registration fee for the PSAT at NSHS is $30.00.
- Payment will be made via the online registration system, MySchoolBucks. (See below for details.) DO NOT send payment to school.
- If a student qualifies for free/reduced school lunch, MySchoolBucks should recognize eligibility and waive the fee. If you are not registered for free/reduced price lunch but the registration fee is a hardship for your family, please contact your school counselor to discuss your registration.
Registration Dates and Information:
- For the 2021 PSAT/NMSQT, students at NSHS will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with Internet access. Paper and pencil registrations WILL NOT be accepted.
- Newton South High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a debit or credit card available before beginning registration. If you do not have a method for online payment or prefer not to complete an online transaction, please contact your child's counselor.
- Online Exam registration will begin on Wednesday December 9, 2020 and end on Thursday, January 7, 2021. In order to register, students should click on the link provided on the school website or visit https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ to register. Please note, this link will only work for families with a Newton South junior.
- Registration Tutorial Video
Information Regarding APPROVED College Board Accommodations:
- Students who have approved testing accommodations must include their SSD number on their registration.
- If a student has an IEP or a 504 Accommodation Plan with the Newton Public Schools, they are not automatically guaranteed approval from the College Board.
- Students who want to apply for testing accommodations should contact their Special Education Liaison and/or School Counselor if they have any questions.