Director of Athletics and Wellness
Strength and Conditioning clinic registration is OPENFall Registration is CLOSED
FALL FEES ARE NOT ACCEPTED UNTIL TEAMS ARE SELECTED.
Pay Athletic Fees Below:
Impact Testing Information
Incoming Freshmen & Rising Juniors need to take Impact Testing. Our ATC will communicate with the families in order to send the ImPact home test code.
Leadership OpportunitiesAre you interested in developing your leadership skills?
NFHS offers this FREE captain course! Here is the link:
Please complete the survey to give us feedback about
your athletic experience at Newton South.
Please fill one survey per sport you played at South this year.
Thank you for helping us to improve our programs.
- 2020 Fall 1 Tryout schedule
- Here you will find important information for your season.
- Transportation waiver
Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020Fall 2 athletes (Football-Vb-Unified Bb-Dance-Cheer) looking for to exercise this season: Registration for 2020-Strength and Conditioning Fall Clinic opens on September 24, 2020, 12:00 PM EDT https://familyid.com/organizations/newton-south-high-school… via Space is limited to 30 spots per cohort.Monday, Sept. 21 2020- Athletics updates
NSHS COVID coach is Mr. Ted Dalicandro. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have COVID related questions.
DCL school protocols will be shared ahead of our traveling to their sites. Schools will connect before the first day of competition to check the last health reports for their respective districts.The State of MA "Max of 50 people in attendance" rule is in place at each venue.
- Coaches will use screening questions before EACH practice and game. They record the students' answers in the given spreadsheet and report it to the COVID coach.
- Coaches will follow this protocol: In case a student responds affirmatively to any of these questions they will contact the COVIS-19 coach immediately and they will also call/text the Athletic Director. The student will not be allowed to participate. City BOH protocols for schools are activated.
- Each student will be given an identification provided by the DCL to allow one family member to attend games home or away. Without identification, access will not be granted at any field.
- NS will use QR code signing in at each home game.
- Players, coaches, and fans are required to wear fitted masks with ear loops by BOH requirements. Gaitors are NOT permitted.
- NSHS-Specific Guidance
- Sport Specific Guidelines-The MIAA sports have been modified to keep athletes safe and all the modifications to the specific sports are listed on the MIAA Covid Task force site.
- Our remote learning classes finish at 3:55 pm. Practices will not start before 4:30 PM due to transportation issues.
- Restrooms- We will be using Porta-Potties facilities in each field. These are not changing rooms or to be used in such a manner.
- Physicals- You must have an updated and in-person physical (within 13 months), per Massachusetts law, and there are no exceptions to this. You can mail physicals to the Athletic Department at 140 Brandeis Road, Newton MA 02459 or email them to Gail Kramer email@example.com or to Kristen Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation- Coaches will be in touch with their team around transportation. We are asking that whenever possible, students/their families provide their own transportation to practices and/or games. Please let your coach know if transportation is a concern for you and we will work to provide accommodations on an individual basis but may be limited by available resources.
- Transportation Waiver- Parents must fill this form in order to transport their child to games. Notes have to be sent to the attention of David Padgett or Kristen Hoffman. Please notice that we need the note three days in advance in order to secure a bus.
As we continue to try to navigate uncharted territory, many things remain outside our control. The things we can control include being kind and supportive to one another; doing our part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19; and being patient with each other as we participate in the re-opening of the state, schools, and athletics.
We will all get through this, as long as we work together as one team.
Pat Gonzalez, Director of Athletics