WELCOME TO THE NSHS MATH AND COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
The Mathematics and Computer Science Department offers a wide range of courses in mathematics and computer programming. In all of our courses we strive to develop a student's ability to:
- Communicate mathematics with others using appropriate mathematical notation and terminology
- Recognize and use patterns to make conjectures and generalizations
- Use the tools of mathematics to build models for exploring relationships (both applied and theoretical)
- Learn to use mathematics to help make informed decisions and to solve problems in a variety of contexts and disciplines, in future careers and in daily life.
- Use logical reasoning to justify solutions to problems and to prove conjectures mathematically
Courses are offered at the Honors (H), Advanced College Prep Accelerated (Acc), Advanced College Prep (ACP), and College Prep (CP). All courses are designed to prepare students for college should that be the pathway the students decide on upon graduation. Please see the pages on math courses and computer science courses, as well as the program of studies for more information about individual offerings and the course flow