IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ OUR PRINCIPAL'S WEEKLY UPDATE FOR ATHLETIC/ENRICHMENT INFORMATION
Click the Varsity Sports at Brown Tab for more details regarding registration/information for fall, winter and spring sports, as well as, 6th grade athletic opportunities.
- Commitment is everyday except Wednesdays from 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Registration on FamilyID
- All athletes must be registered FamilyID
- REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE EVERY SEASON.
- Registering on FamilyID is the only way to sign up for all varsity sports.
- An up-to-date physical must be on file with the school nurse.
- All athletes should attend the coach's informational meeting.
- Informational meetings for all sports will be held during grade level lunches prior to the season.
- All athletes must be picked up after practice/games/meets.
- Have the opportunity to participate in our Cross-Country Enrichment Program (see website: Varsity Sports at Brown for more information).
- Invitation only to participate in our 6th grade Spring Track Program. (see website: Varsity Sports at Brown for policy)
It is the intent of athletic programs to provide opportunities for participation for as many students as possible. Budget constraints, safety concerns, and available facilities, however, make a "no cut" policy difficult. Prior to the start of a season, coaches will advise parents and students about the try-out and participation policy for each sport. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many students as possible with regard to safety, playing time, and available facilities, but coaches may follow pre-established and announced cutting policies.
The fostering of participation and sportsmanship, as well as the physical, emotional, and ethical development of a student in a competitive situation are emphasized. Inherent in this philosophy is the belief that winning is not the major goal of an athletic program. Coaches are encouraged to play every team member when game circumstances permit use of substitutions.
Interscholastic Policies: Before and after school privileges may be suspended for lack of cooperation during classes. A student/athlete must participate in his/her daily classes in order to participate in our after-school athletics program and clubs.