Newton South High School is proud to offer over 100 clubs and activities.
* This year, for ease of students' acquiring as much information in one place as possible and for the maximum promotion of each club, we will also maintain the following Google Document:
* This Google Document will be be able to be accessed by all students. Active clubs, their faculty advisors, student leaders, promotional videos, website links and Zoom meeting links with days and times that they will be meeting will all be listed on this document. As new clubs form and are approved, they will be added to this Google Document so please bookmark it for future reference. Please note that for the purposes of maintaining security and privacy for students, this document will only be available to NPS students through their school gmail account *
To view a general list of clubs with basic information for anyone to see, please click on the Clubs Directory link in the left margin. Clubs listed on this directory page are inclusive of all Newton South High School affiliated clubs. If the activity in which your child is participating is not listed on the Clubs Directory page, that activity is in no way under the supervision control or guidance of the Newton Public Schools, or any NPS employee, agent or representative.
There are normally two types of clubs which are distinguished by supervisory aspects:
FULLY SUPERVISED Clubs and Activities
- Faculty member as advisor
- Supervised meetings and activities at Newton South High School by the faculty advisor/NPS employee
- May also have activities off of the school campus and these activities are supervised by the faculty advisor/NPS employee
To sign up for a FULLY SUPERVISED club or activity, click on the link below to reach the appropriate page on the FamilyID website:
If you would like to start a new club or reactivate an inactive club, you must set up an appointment to meet with the student activities coordinator at: hardimanc.youcanbook.me in order to receive the appropriate forms. Mr. Hardiman is located in Office 1218 on the second floor of Goldrick House.
If you have any questions about a specific club, please contact the listed faculty advisor(s) assigned to that club.
If you have any general questions about clubs/activities at South, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club student leaders or faculty advisors should report any inaccurate club information to email@example.com.
*NOTE: FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR, ALL CLUBS WILL BE DESIGNATED AS PARTIALLY SUPERVISED*
PARTIALLY SUPERVISED Clubs and Activities
- Faculty member as advisor
- Must have at least some meetings at Newton South High School and these meetings are to be supervised by the faculty advisor/NPS employee
- Have non-school sponsored activities off of the school campus that are NOT supervised by a faculty member, agent or representative of NPS
To sign up for a PARTIALLY SUPERVISED club or activity, click on the link below to reach the appropriate page on the FamilyID website:
As mentioned, since we are starting the 2020-21 school year fully remote, we are going to designate ALL clubs as "partially supervised" since faculty advisors will not be in the building supervising clubs.
When Family ID is up and running on Monday, 10/5, you will click the "Family ID Registration" link in the "partially supervised clubs and activities" section above which will take you to the Newton South 2020-21 Clubs and Activities registration page where you can sign up. If a club is not listed on Family ID, it usually means that the club is not confirmed as running yet, except in the case of the GSA Club and Speech and Debate Team, both of which are exempt from using Family ID.