Brown Middle School Nurse
EXCLUSION FROM SCHOOL FOR SUSPECTED COMMUNICABLE CONDITIONS
Students suspected to have a contagious health condition can be excluded from school at the discretion of the school nurse. The purpose of this exclusion is to prevent the spread of disease that can cause absence and discomfort for other students and staff. Some conditions may require immediate dismissal. Written documentation by a health care provider may be required for school re-entry.
The school nurse will assess each presenting condition on an individual basis.
A student will be excluded from school if he/she has:
· A fever of 100° or greater in the past 24 hours
· A communicable disease diagnosis
· A cold in the active stages – coughing, sneezing, nasal drainage
· A sore throat and/or swollen neck glands
· Vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
· Acute pain that requires relief by narcotic medication
· An undiagnosed rash or skin eruption
Parents should make every effort to pick up children as soon as possible when notified by the school nurse.
Emergency contact information must be up-to-date. Please double check your emergency contact information in Aspen.
Medication in School
Please remember that the school nurse is responsible for administering all medications (over the counter as well as prescription) at school. If your child needs to have a medication at school the medication must be brought by an adult to school in a pharmacy labeled or manufacturer labeled container.
The following must also be completed and on file in the Nurse's Office prior to any medication administration:
There are no exceptions to this policy. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
- Parental Consent
- The child's physician/provider order - either signed on the Medication Permission Form or on provider's letterhead.