Oak Hill Mission and Core Values
The essential mission of Oak Hill Middle School focuses on raising the academic achievement of all students and nurturing their growth and development. We believe that:
- Learning is incremental.
- Each of our students is capable of achievement a high level.
- Effort and effective strategies are the key for success.
- Collaboration/collegiality removes obstacles to our mission.
- Nurture curiosity, creativity, and a passion for learning.
- Foster self-confidence and success for all learners.
Core Values: Respect for Human Differences
We expect our community members to demonstrate:
- Respect for themselves, others and the property we share.
- Respect for the contribution of each individual.
- Respect for the responsibility of giving back to the community.
At Oak Hill, we take care of ourselves, others, and the environment.
Academic Achievement /Thinking Skills
We expect our students to:
- Stretch themselves beyond their comfort zone and Find Out How Good You Can Be every day.
- Demonstrate their willingness to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Use their acquired skills to engage in:
- Thoughtful research by organizing information.
- Technology literacy.
- Clear communication.
- Creative thinking.
- Appreciation for the arts.