NSHS Core Values
Newton South High School has four core values:
- Choose Kindness
- Listen First
- Show Respect
- Take Responsibility
Newton South High School, a community of students, parents, faculty, and staff,
- Is dedicated to equality and opportunity for all
- Expects integrity; responsibility; and respect for self, others, and the environment
- Creates a climate of safety and kindness
- Encourages communication and personal connections
- Nurtures curiosity, creativity, and a passion for learning
- Fosters self-confidence and success for all learners
After four years at Newton South, a student is expected to:
- Develop empathy and respect for human differences while recognizing common elements of the human experience.
- Develop self-confidence through active participation in learning.
- Work collaboratively, considerately, and effectively with others.
- Understand and exercise rights and responsibilities within the school community.
- Communicate in clear and appropriate language, orally and in writing.
- Master the literacy skills needed to interpret and apply information across disciplines.
- Master the mathematical skills necessary to interpret and apply information across disciplines.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop effective organizational skills.
- Develop skills in creative expression.
- Develop the habits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Explore opportunities for post-secondary endeavors with an adult member of the community.