How to Apply
The NTR program runs for one full school year, September through June.
We are not currently accepting applications for the 21-22 school year.
- Applicant must have earned (or will have earned prior to starting the academic year for which they are applying to NTR) a Bachelor's degree in the subject field in which they hope to earn a teacher's license, or in a closely related field.
- Applicant must have passed the MTEL communication and literacy exam as well as the appropriate subject exam. You can find out more about Massachusetts licensure and about taking the MTEL (Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure) here.
- Applicants must have a high level of energy when working with adolescents and be able to express strong enthusiasm for their subject area. A love of learning is a necessity.
- Application for Admission including personal statement(s).
- Official Transcripts from previous colleges and graduate schools attended.
- MTEL communication and literacy and subject exam score reports. (In special circumstances this requirement may be waived. However, the applicant is required to pass these tests before completing the program).
- Three Letters of Reference as described in the Application for Admission (see link above).
We cannot consider incomplete applications.
How To Apply
There are two paths to apply to our program.
Path one: Licensure only option
- Download and complete the NTR application linked on this page.
- Mail it, along with the required documents, to NTR Admissions, c/o Peter Turner, Newton North High School, 457 Walnut Street, Newtonville, MA 02460.
Path two: Licensure and Masters Degree option
- Complete Lesley University's online application here: www.lesley.edu/collaborative-
- Complete the NTR personal statement below, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write a personal statement of approximately 500 words explaining why you want to be a teacher, and how NTR could benefit you in this process.
- The first deadline for NTR applications is January 1, 2022. We will consider applications received after that date, until May 1, 2022, on a rolling basis, depending on space available. No applications will be considered after May 1st.
- We will review all complete applications. Finalists will be selected for an interview with NTR faculty, and admissions offers will be made after finalists have been interviewed. We require a non-refundable $600 deposit to secure a place in the program once admitted. (The deposit is applied to your tuition payment.)
- Candidates will be subject to a CORI/SORI background check before acceptance into the NTR program.