Memorial Spaulding Extended Day Program
Extended Day provides a semi-structured recreational program based on each child's needs and interests on-site at the Memorial Spaulding School in Newton. Our Curriculum is designed to compliment the children's day in an informal and relaxed setting and our staff is dedicated to making every day a supportive and joyful experience for each child.
Information for Parents
- Memorial Spaulding School Extended Day is an on-site facility for children in Kindergarten through Grade Five.
- Extended day follows the Newton Public School calendar with few exceptions. Parents will be notified accordingly.
- Extended Day provides a special entertainment program for the six Early Release days of the school year.
- Extended Day hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 2:50pm-6:00pm and Wednesdays 12:20pm-6:00pm.
- Unannounced visits by parents at any time their child is present are encouraged.
- Input from parents through open lines of communication is welcome.
- Homework is an important part of Extended Day. Educators provide assistance on an individual basis.
- The program is not responsible for making arrangements for the arrival to or departure from the program, or to any activities on or off the premises.
The Extended Day Program Organizational Chart