Taking the Advanced Placement (AP) exam is an important part of all AP courses. Newton North High School expects that all students enrolled in an AP class will register for and take the AP exam. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit.
There are TWO steps to the AP exam registration process. Both steps need to be completed for an exam to be ordered.
- Register for an exam(s) on the College Board MyAP Site.
- Students enrolled in an AP Course at North should be directed by their AP course teacher to register for the AP exam on the College Board MyAP website using a unique join code for their class.
- If a student is self-studying for an AP exam, please contact me, Ms. Amanda Mazzola, for an exam-only join code. Not all AP exams are offered at North. We only offer exams for the courses taught (see courses below).
- Permission to register must be requested before registering due to space limitations.
- Pay for the AP exam(s).
- Students/Families will need to pay for the exam(s) they register for. Students/Families will need to use Total Registration. (When asked for an email address, do not use a student NPS email address.)
The DEADLINE to complete BOTH STEPS is November 15, 2021.
Registration does remain open until March 15, 2022, however there is a $40 late fee.
The cost per AP exam is $105.00. Newton North High School desires that every student be able to take their AP exam(s). Financial assistance is available, please contact Mr. Brendan Amedio by October 30th, to see if circumstances qualify for assistance.
If you register for an exam, but choose not to take it, a full refund will only be granted until November 15th. After November 15th, a $65 refund will be granted, $40 is withheld from the refund to pay the College Board cancelled/unused exam fee.
If testing accommodations are needed and you haven’t previously applied for College Board testing accommodations then please contact Mrs. Patricia Leone by November 1st to get the paperwork started.
Exam Schedule and Format - As of right now, all exams will be in person on paper (except Chinese - this will be in person, but on the computer). If there are any changes, they will be communicated with you.
Conflicts - If you are scheduled to take Computer Science Principles & Italian or Chinese & Spanish, I will be in touch with you about scheduling options. If you are scheduled to take 2 exams in one day at different times, this is not a conflict unless you have approved extended time accommodations. The afternoon exam will not start until the morning exam ends and students taking both have had a chance to take a short break and eat lunch.