AP Exam Registration
Registration for the 2021 AP exams at Newton North is now open. All exam ordering will be done online through the College Board. Payment for AP exams will be done online through Total Registration. You should use the following directions to register and pay for exams. Students and Guardians should complete these steps together. When asked to input an email address please use a personal email, not your NPS student account. You can not receive outside email to this address. The College Board, Total Registration, and myself will send crucial information about the exams to the email address on file.Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, AP Exams at Newton North High School are restricted to Newton North, Newton South, and Homeschooled Newton Residents only. If in January/February the CollegeBoard announces that the exams will be given online we will consider opening registration up to non-Newton students, but a late fee will be added to compile with the CollegeBoards late fee policy.Steps for registration:
Here are the exams being given at Newton North:
- In order to register for an exam, students need a Join Code for each exam. If you are taking an AP course at North, your teacher will provide you with the join code. If you are self-studying for an AP exam, then you need to contact Ms. Amanda Mazzola firstname.lastname@example.org to request the join code.
- When you have received the join code, you will need to go onto myap.collegeboard.org to register with the College Board, see the attached directions.
- The cost of each exam at Newton North is $110.00. To pay for the exams students will use Total Registration. The website is https://user.
- Regular registration ends November 11, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. The exam order will be placed on November 13, 2020. There will be a late registration period (see 5.)
- Exams ordered during the late registration period, which starts at 12:01 a.m. November 14, 2020, will carry a late fee of $50 per exam.
- The absolute last date to register for an exam is March 12, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
- Students who qualify for free/reduced lunch will receive a $50 waiver per exam. There is a place on the Total Registration site to indicate this status.
- Students who are not on free/reduced lunch, but have financial hardship and would like a fee waiver should contact Mr. Brendan Amedio email@example.com by November 1, 2020.
- If you need College Board approved testing accommodations and haven't already applied, you need to contact Mrs. Patricia Leone firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21, 2020 to fill out the paperwork. College Board testing accommodations are good for all CB tests (PSAT, SAT and AP exams), so if you are already approved you do not need to get reapproved.
- It is best that all students register and pay for the exams even if there is a chance they aren't going to take the exam. It's easier to refund an exam than it is to order one at a later date especially because of the late fee that goes into effect on November 14th.
- As of right now, the College Board anticipates that the exams will be given in person using the pre-Covid format, however there will be a contingency plan for schools that are remote, but I will not know that plan until January/February.
Some additional exams (such as Macro and Microeconomics) are being given at Newton South, please reach out to Mrs. MaryAnn Price: email@example.com to inquire.If you have any questions about the process please reach out Ms. Amanda Mazolla: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art History
- Calculus AB/BC
- Computer Science A (This year only)
- Computer Science Principles (Only students taking the class can take this exam.)
- English Language
- English Literage
- European History
- French Language
- Government and Politics, Comparative
- Italian Language
- Japanese (This year only)
- Music Theory
- Physics C E&M
- Physics C Mech.
- Spanish Language
- United States History
AP Exam Coordinator: Amanda Mazzola
Assistant Testing Coordinator: Brendan Amedio