Student Work Permits

  • All Minors between the ages of 14 to18 are required to obtain a work permit to be employed in the state of Massachusetts. To obtain a work permit, please complete both the work permit form and the school record form (links to the right.) Please use the instructions and checklist for a list of documents you will need to complete the process. 
    All forms should be completed and returned to North or South High School (whichever you attend.) If you are a Newton resident, but are not enrolled in the Newton Public Schools, your application should be returned to the school you WOULD attend if enrolled. Don't know your school? Follow this link to find out. 
    PLEASE NOTE: You do NOT need to come to the Superintendent's office. All forms should be submitted to the school you do (or would) attend. 
    For more information on the work permit process, please visit the state website at: