Please feel free to connect with your Fall 2 coaches with interests, questions, etc. Several coaches are planning to hold virtual information nights and should be contacted via email for the meeting details:
Nick Capodilupo firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Barton email@example.com
Indoor Track & Field - Girls:
Joe Tranchita (JT) firstname.lastname@example.org
Indoor Track & Field - Boys:
Shawn Wallace email@example.com.
Selena Giroux firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caroline Numberg email@example.com
Briana Hogan firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Newton North Athletics
"Home of the Tigers!"
Athletic Department: 617-559-6210
Tom Giusti, Athletic Director
Anna Sanford, Administrative Assistant
Fax Number: 617-559-6215
01/30/2021 FALL 2 UPDATE:
Based on the recent guidelines established by the EEA, DESE, and MIAA the Bay State Conference voted to allow the following sports participation the Fall 2 2021 season. *All sports and current decisions are subject to change - Please refrain from submiting payment until your child/children has made the prospective team.
- The Fall 2 2021 sports tryouts for Football, Girls Volleyball, Girls & Boys Indoor Track & Field, Unified Basketball, Dance, and Cheer will begin the week of Monday, February 22nd. Detailed information on tryouts and practice schedules will be distributed by coaches.
- Registration will close Saturday, February 20th at midnight
- Wrestling has been moved to the Spring Season (April 26).
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED AS SPECIFIED BY MIAA SPORT SPECIFIC RULE MODIFICATIONS AND THE NEWTON HEALTH DEPARTMENT for all participants, coaches, and spectators at practices and games. In accordance with Newton Public School Health and Safety Policies, GAITERS ARE NOT PERMITTED for athletic participation.
- All student-athletes participating in a Fall 2 sport must have an IN-PERSON physical within the last 13 months on file with the athletic office. The physical can be emailed to email@example.com
- Attendance at all practices and games will be strictly monitored. Every participating student-athlete will be required to answer questions relative to COVID screening with their coach before the start of every practice and game during the Fall 2 2021 Season
- The standard NPS High School User Fee of $325.00-$425.00 will be collected for each student-athlete that is successfully rostered on each team following the tryout process. No refunds will be provided if the season is canceled.
FamilyID sign-up HERE: https://www.familyid.
We ask that all families hoping to participate in Fall 2 sports make sure their child/children are prepared with a current in-person physical from the last thirteen months. ***CVS on Watertown St. as well as any Urgent Care or Minute Clinic will perform an on the spot sports physical for walk-ins. Per the Department of Public Health, telemed appointments are not acceptable for student athletes. Please see the document provided by the Commonwealth attached below.
Thank you for your understanding,
The Newton North Athletic Department