Registration is now open on FamilyID for the 2020 Tiger Fitness Program.
The Tiger Fitness Program aims to improve sports performance and physical conditioning as you prepare for athletic seasons or to improve personal fitness. Instructors, Lauren Baugher and Brad Meyer, will focus on physical conditioning which incorporates multiple components, including power, strength, speed, balance, agility, coordination, and endurance.
This is a FREE program offered to any interested Newton North High School student!
Welcome to Newton North Athletics
"Home of the Tigers!"
Athletic Department: 617-559-6210
Tom Giusti, Athletic Director
Anna Sanford, Administrative Assistant
Fax Number: 617-559-6215
Newton North High School Fall 2020 Athletic Department Update
Effective September 14, 2020
Based on the recent guidelines established by the EEA, DESE, MIAA, Bay State Conference, and Newton Public Schools, the Newton School Committee voted to allow the following sports participation the Fall 2020 Season
- The fall sports tryouts for Boys and Girls Soccer, Field Hockey, Golf, Girls Swim and Dive, and Boys and Girls Cross Country will begin the week of Monday, September 21st. Detailed information on tryouts and practice schedules will be distributed by coaches.
- The Fall 2020 online athletic registration process is ongoing, and it will close Sunday, September 20th. All student-athletes interested in trying out for a fall sport must be registered through FamilyID.com in order to try out.
- Registration will close Sunday Sept 20th at midnight
- Football, Cheerleading, Dance, Girls Volleyball, and Unified Basketball have been moved to the MIAA Fall 2 Season, with tentative season dates of 2/22/21-4/25/21.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED AS SPECIFIED BY MIAA SPORT SPECIFIC RULE MODIFICATIONS AND THE NEWTON HEALTH DEPARTMENT for all participants, coaches, and spectators at practices and games. In accordance with Newton Public School Health and Safety Policies, GAITERS ARE NOT PERMITTED for athletic participation.
- All student-athletes participating in a fall sport must have an IN-PERSON physical within the last 13 months on file with the athletic office. The physical can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance at all practices and games will be strictly monitored. Every participating student-athlete will be required to answer questions relative to COVID screening with their coach before the start of every practice and game during the 2020 Fall Season.
- The standard NPS High School User Fee of $325.00 will be collected at the start of the Fall season for each student-athlete that is successfully rostered on each team following the tryout process. No refunds will be provided if the season is canceled.
- All information in this document is subject to change. Thanks for your patience as we work through these challenging times. We look forward to seeing our student-athletes on the field soon!