Newton METCO Transportation
Bus registration is NOW OPEN for elementary students returning to full in-person school.
You may register for the bus using the MySchoolBucks online bus registration portal at: www.myschoolbucks.com. For instructions, please read this document.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, MARCH 28TH AT 5:00 P.M.
- If you want to make a change to your scheduled stop, please provide a written note to your bus monitor.
- If you have any transportation concerns you may call Newton Transportation at 617.559.9051.
- If your child is not met at his/her bus stop, they will be taken to METCO, Inc. after the last bus stop on that route. You may contact METCO Inc. at 617.427.1545.
- You and your child must arrive and be standing at the bus stop (not sitting in a parked car) 10 minutes before the scheduled arrival, and be prepared to wait 10 to 15 minutes beyond the scheduled arrival for both the morning and afternoon buses.
- Visitors including family and friends are NOT allowed to board any Newton METCO bus. Boston parents may ride Boston buses provided they receive prior permission from the Newton METCO office, 24 hours (1day) in advance. Boston students wishing to bring a Newton resident student with them on the bus must follow the instructions found in the Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of this page.
- The Newton METCO Program does not provide bus service to students who live in outlying areas of Boston such as: Allston, Brighton, Charlestown, Chestnut Hill, Downtown Boston, East Boston, South Boston, West Roxbury, parts of Dorchester (Uphams Corner), Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, and Roslindale. Families currently residing in, or moving to, these areas must provide transportation to an existing bus stop on the route or drive their child to and from school.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I need to bring a resident student home with me?
The resident parent and the Boston parent both must send letters of permission at least 24 hours (1 day) in advance to the Newton METCO office at 617-559-6133 (fax), These letters must include students names, date(s) of event and emergency contact names and numbers (for the resident student). SAMPLE LETTER
If a Boston student brings a visitor on the bus without the explicit permission from the Newton METCO director, their bus privileges may be suspended.