Physical Education, Health, and Wellness
Newton North High School is committed to a quality Physical Education, Health, and Wellness program for every student.
The PEHW department incorporates a multi-dimensional approach to well-being that promotes individual responsibility.
We emphasize an active process of becoming aware of and making choices towards a healthier, more fulfilling life by giving students the skills and knowledge needed to establish and sustain an active lifestyle.
By graduation, a Newton North student will be able to:
- Exhibit a healthy, active and well-balanced lifestyle.
- Display an understanding and respect for differences among people.
- Demonstrate responsible decision-making skills in personal and social settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and improvement in a variety of movement forms.
- Define skill and health-related fitness concepts.
- Establish and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Apply wellness concepts to a variety of activities in everyday life.
- Understand and values physical activity as an opportunity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.