Bus Fee Information
Riding the bus is a safe and efficient way for your child to go to and from school. To encourage bus ridership, NPS aims to keep the bus fee reasonable for families. K-5 students, regardless of distance from their school, ride the bus free of charge. A fee of $350, with a family cap of $700, is paid by all other students.* (see 6th grade note below.)
Key points of information:
- K-5th grade students – all students in grades K-5 do NOT pay a bus fee
- 6th grade students – if you reside LESS than 2 miles from the school, you pay a fee of $350. If you reside MORE than 2 miles from the school, you do NOT pay a fee.
- 7th – 12th grade students – all students in grades 7-12 pay the fee of $350 to ride the bus
Need to know your distance from the school? Click the button below:
There is a family cap of $700. This means that every family, no matter how many students, pays no more than $700 each year to utilize bus transportation.
You can pay your bus fee by:
- Mailing a check with your paper application
- Online through the NPS UNIPAY payment system. Log on here.
IMPORTANT: If you are planning to pay with a credit card online through the NPS UniPay system, you do NOT need to submit a paper application. The UniPay payment system acts as an online application.
Payment MUST be received before a bus pass will be issued. Families may apply for a fee waiver based on financial hardship so that no student is denied bus transportation. To apply, please fill out the bus application and the financial assistance application. Both forms, as well as supporting documentation listed in the form, must be submitted hard copy in order to be considered.