Instructions for the Saturday, October 15 PSAT
- Arrive at the Wheeler House entrance by 7:45 a.m. with your school id, #2 pencils, and a calculator.
- Only students who have received a letter of approval from the College Board will receive accommodations (extended time, etc.) Having an IEP or a 504 plan at South does not guarantee accommodations on the PSAT unless you have the letter of approval from the College Board.
- The test will end at about 12:00 p.m. for regular time, at about 1:00 for 50% extended time and at about 2:30 for 100% extended time.
- Please arrange for a ride home immediately following the exam.
The PSAT will be given at Newton South High School on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
- Juniors are eligible to take the exam and are encouraged to take this exam as part of the preparation for spring SAT tests.
- Juniors may qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Program based on their PSAT score.
- There is no make-up date for the PSAT.
- The registration fee for the PSAT at NSHS is $30.00.
- Payment will be made via the online registration system, MySchoolBucks. (See below for details.) DO NOT send payment to school.
- If a student qualifies for free/reduced school lunch, MySchoolBucks should recognize eligibility and waive the fee. If you are not registered for free/reduced price lunch but the registration fee is a hardship for your family, please contact your school counselor to discuss your registration.
Registration Dates and Information
- For the 2022 PSAT/NMSQT, students at NSHS will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with Internet access. Paper and pencil registrations WILL NOT be accepted.
- Newton South High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a debit or credit card available before beginning registration. If you do not have a method for online payment or prefer not to complete an online transaction, please contact your child's counselor.
- Online Exam registration will begin on Friday, September 2, 2022 and end on Friday, September 30, 2022. In order to register, students should click on the link provided on the school website or visit https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ to register. Please note, this link will only work for families with a Newton South junior.
- Registration Tutorial Video
Information Regarding APPROVED College Board Accommodations
- Students who have approved testing accommodations must include their SSD number on their registration.
- If a student has an IEP or a 504 Accommodation Plan with the Newton Public Schools, they are not automatically guaranteed approval from the College Board.
- Students who want to apply for testing accommodations should contact their Special Education Liaison and/or School Counselor if they have any questions.