Flexible spending open enrollment takes place every November. Members must re-enroll each year.

    • Flexible Spending is available to all active employees working 20 or more hours a week.
    • Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you to set aside money on a pre-tax basis to use for eligible expenses for Health, Dependent Care and Commuter Spending (Transit and Parking) Plans.
    • These plans are handled through the City of Newton’s Plan Administrator “Cafeteria Plan Advisors (CPA)”.
    • You must re-enroll each year if you wish to maintain this benefit.  However for those re-enrolling from the 2023 calendar year, you may do so online at Cafeteria Plan Advisors.
    • For new plan participants you must submit an enrollment form to the Human Resources Office, Ed Center, Room 201.
    • Do not send paper enrollment forms directly to CPA!
    • In order to enroll or re-enroll into a FSA after the open enrollment period ends on November 30, 2023, you must have a qualifying event such as: birth of child, marriage, divorce, loss of insurance, etc.
    • The next Open Enrollment period will be in October/November 2024 for the calendar year 2025.

    Important Information for 2023 Plan Participants

    Per our 75 day grace period benefit with CPA: Employees currently enrolled in Flexible Spending Plans for the 2023 plan year must incur expenses by March 15, 2024 and reimbursement claims must be submitted to CPA by March 31, 2024.   

Flexible Spending Forms