Important SAT Information
Talia Gallagher, Test Center SupervisorStudents may register by going to www.collegeboard.org and creating an account or by picking up a paper registration form at the College and Career Resource Center. Both the website and the paper form have additional information about SAT registration and the exams.
The school code for Newton South High School is 221548.
There is one test center at Newton South this year:
The Wheeler Center is 22572 (Supervisor Talia Gallagher)
On exam day, students should report to Wheeler House by 7:45 a.m. Room assignments will be posted at the entrance. Students must bring their admission ticket on the day of testing in addition to a valid photo ID. Students who do not bring their admission ticket and photo ID will not be seated, per the College Board, even if their name appears on the posted roster. Students should also bring a calculator, number two pencils and a snack. Cell phone use during the exam is prohibited. Students who use cell phones during the exam will be dismissed and their behavior reported to the College Board in writing.Newton South is a large SAT test center, but it fills up very quickly. Students should register early to get a seat at South or at a nearby center.
The College Board has changed some important rules regarding registration and admission to the exams.
- Students must bring their admission ticket and photo ID to the test center at which they are scheduled to take the test.
- Students who do not bring both of those items to the test center will not be seated for the exam, even is a test center staff person knows them and can identify them. The students will be asked to leave the test center before testing begins.
- Students may test ONLY at the center for which they registered.
- There is no standby testing.
Approximate dismissal times at Newton South:
- Regular time: 12:45 to 1:15
- Extended time: 2:00 to 2:30