What If I Move Within Newton?

  • If you are a Newton resident and you move within Newton, you must update your address with the school district. Updating your address ensures that you will continue to receive timely and important information from your student's school. Below are forms that you should complete and submit to the school/district if you move. Please complete the form that is relevant to your specific situation.

Scenario #1: Move within Same District in Newton

  • If you move to a different residence, but your assigned district remains the same, you must still update your address. You should complete the form linked on this page entitled "Change of Address." You will be required to provide proof of residence for your new home.

Scenario #2: Move to Different District within Newton

  • If you move to a residence that is NOT within your current assigned district AND you wish your student (s) to remain at their current school, you must complete a "Continuation in Placement" form. 

Assigned Districts

  • Wondering about which schools are districted for a specific residence in Newton? Use the tool below to find out which schools are assigned to an address in Newton. Please note that current assigned schools are subject to change based upon districting decisions, which are reviewed regularly.

    Find Your School - Assigned Schools for Newton Residents