• To enroll in the Newton Public Schools, a student must reside in the City of Newton with a parent/legal guardian. Before a student can be registered, the parent/legal guardian will be required to show "proof of residency" documents, which may include:
    • Purchase & Sale Agreement documents
    • Mortgage statement
    • Rental/lease agreement
    • Two utility bills
    Please see the residency guidelines and forms on the right side of this page for more specific information.
    PLEASE NOTE: Proof of residency does not apply to homeless students and families covered under the McKinney-Vento Act. If you are homeless and staying in a shelter, please bring a letter from the shelter staff stating that you are living there. All homeless families should contact the Newton Public Schools McKinney-Vento liaison who will work with you to enroll your students. The liaison can be reached at 617-559-9208.

Residency Guidelines and Forms