Director of Athletics and Wellness
Fall Registration is CLOSED
FALL FEES ARE NOT ACCEPTED UNTIL TEAMS ARE SELECTED.
Pay Athletic Fees Below:
Impact Testing Information
Incoming Freshmen & Rising Juniors need to take Impact Testing.
Information regarding the testing times will be posted by the end of July.
Please complete the survey to give us feedback about
your athletic experience at Newton South.
Please fill one survey per sport you played at South this year.
Thank you for helping us to improve our programs.
ANNOUNCEMENTS:Monday, Sept. 21 2020- Athletics updates
NSHS COVID coach is Mr. Ted Dalicandro. You can reach him at email@example.com
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Coaches will use screening questions before EACH practice and game. They record the students' answers in the given spreadsheet and report it to the COVID coach.
- Coaches will follow this protocol: In case a student responds affirmatively to any of these questions they will contact the COVIS-19 coach immediately and they will also call/text the Athletic Director. The student will not be allowed to participate.
- Each student will be given an identification provided by the DCL to allow one family member to attend games home or away. Without identification, access will not be granted at any field.
- NSHS-Specific Guidance
- Sport Specific Guidelines-The MIAA sports have been modified to keep athletes safe and all the modifications to the specific sports are listed on the MIAA Covid Task force site.
- Our remote learning classes finish at 3:55 pm. Practices will not start before 4:30 PM due to transportation issues.
- Restrooms- We will be using Porta-Potties facilities in each field. These are not changing rooms or to be used in such a manner.
- Physicals- You must have an updated physical (within 13 months), per Massachusetts law, and there are no exceptions to this. You can mail physicals to the Athletic Department at 140 Brandeis Road, Newton MA 02459 or email them to Gail Kramer firstname.lastname@example.org or to Kristen Hoffman at email@example.com
- Transportation- Coaches will be in touch with their team around transportation. We are asking that whenever possible, students/their families provide their own transportation to practices and/or games. Please let your coach know if transportation is a concern for you and we will work to provide accommodations on an individual basis but may be limited by available resources.
- Transportation Waiver- Parents must sign this form before you can participate in any athletic game
Dear Newton South Athletic Community
I am happy to announce that the Newton School Committee has approved our participation in interscholastic athletics for the modified Fall 1 season. A lot of work still needs to happen, but NS Athletics is excited to see our kids back in action and continues to prepare for the return of sports on September 21st. The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) provided sports modifications for the fall 2020 sports season. This guidance was created in alignment with guidelines set forth by Governor Baker, MA Department of Health (DPH), and MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).Please review these modifications with your student prior to registering for athletics.
Here you will find important information for your season.
As we continue to try to navigate uncharted territory, many things remain outside our control. The things we can control include being kind and supportive to one another; doing our part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19; and being patient with each other as we participate in the re-opening of the state, schools, and athletics.
We will all get through this, as long as we work together as one team.
Pat Gonzalez, Director of AthleticsFAMILYID registration is CLOSED Physicals are due by Friday Sept. 18.Are you interested in developing your leadership skills?
NFHS offers this FREE captain course! Here is the link:
Fitness program for our Student-athletesOur Strength and Conditioning coach Isaac Soares had prepared a 4-week program that students can do at home. The exercises can be done without equipment. Once that you sign up with your student Gmail, you will be able to download the program and their accompanying videos.Thank you, Isacc, and the staff at Marathon Physical Therapy!